Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Hope all the moms out there had a great Mother's Day. Ours was super chill. I took the boys to our favourite flower shop where they each picked out their own arrangements for Angela. They were pretty excited about it all and carried them all the way home from the store. We ended the day with one of my infamous one off meals which I can never recreate because there's no real recipe. I call it made up on the spot cooking which I learned from my mom. Basically, the theory is you use what's in the fridge. We had gone to T&T to get rice noodles and BBQ pork - so I had a base, but no sauce. Stealing a flavour from our beloved Next Noodle Bar take out, I wanted a sweet Thai chilli sauce and had to improvise. Solution - a scoop of Heinz Chilli Sauce with a little water to thin it out added as the last ingredient. Angela loved it - it hit the spot and Milo remarked, "It's like it was made by a Chinese guy!" Thanks kid.

1 comment:

vashti said...

hahaah Happy Mother's day!

loved the post again! That Milo is pretty funny! Glad you all had a great Mother's day!

xo
v